The Jobs Scheme, known as ‘N-Power’, is one of the five initiatives of the Social Investment Programmes of the Federal Government of Nigeria, described by President Muhammadu Buhari in his Democracy Day speech as “by far the most ambitious social protection programme in our history”.
A total sum of N500 billion has been provided for the programme in the 2016 Budget, an unprecedented development in Nigeria’s budget history.
N-Power is designed to help young Nigerians acquire and develop life-long skills to become solution providers in their communities and to become players in the domestic and global markets.
It will provide employment opportunities for 500,000 graduates as teachers, agriculture extension advisers, healthcare assistants, and civic and adult education instructors in communities across Nigeria.
There will also be a pool of 100,000 software developers, hardware service professionals, animators, graphic artists, building services professionals, artisans and others.
How To Apply for NPower Programme Recruitment
Interested candidates who met the minimum requirements for the respective programmes as listed on the N-Power website are to follow the steps outlined below to apply / register.
- Visit the NPower portal npower.gov.ng
- Click on the various programmes on www.npower.gov.ng and carefully read through them
- Choose the programme that you are qualified for and best suits your aspiration
- Click on the APPLY button at the bottom of the page to apply for your preferred programme. (Note: You will need to first register and then sign in with a unique username and password)
- Fill the form carefully and be certain to provide accurate information and documents to support your application
- After submitting, you will receive an acknowledgement email letter confirming the receipt of your application
- After 48hours, you will be notified by email and in your portal profile whether you are eligible or not for the N-Power programe
- If you are unsuccessful, you may apply for future N-Power programes, if you meet the eligibility requirements
- If you are successful, you may then proceed to the test page at MY N-POWER PORTAL
- You will be required to write two tests; a general skills test and a program specific test
- Depending on your programme, there may be a final interview before you are conditionally accepted into the N-Power programe. Otherwise you will receive an email confirming your provisional acceptance into the N-Power programme
- You will have to confirm your acceptance to secure your place
- Specific enrolment and training information will now be made available to you
- If you have any difficulty at any point of your application process, please send an email to email@example.com